Pharr's first church was founded by Mr. Kelly, a Methodist, in 1910, and it was located on the corner of East Cherokee and South Athol. The church was not a Methodist church, but a community church where people of all faiths met and worshipped together. It was used as an elementary during the week, and a church on Sundays.
Because of the language barrier, the citizens of Pharr decided to build a separate church, the Mexican Methodist Church built in 1912. The city donated two lots on the corner of West Hawk and North Aster. In 1959, “La Iglesia Metodista” moved to East Warren street, and it became “La Trinidad Methodist Church”
The Catholic church came to Pharr in 1915, built three blocks west of Cage and Cherokee. In 1926, this church moved to the north side of town, on Juarez and Hawk, where it remained until 1952, when it was moved across the street to make room for St. Margaret Mary Church. St Margaret Mary church cost $100,000 to build, and more than a fourth of the money came from military personnel who had come to defend the town. Additional Catholic churches were added in 1950, and 1972
The Baptist church organized in 1912, and built their church in 1913. The building was located three blocks east of Cage on Caffery Street. Over the years, the church has been remodeled and now First Baptist Church of Pharr is located on Ridge Road.